Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Manicotti

Is it even possible to get a good picture of Manicotti?  I've tried!  I keep making this meal so I can take a picture of it and everytime it looks like a hot mess!  So, I figured I'll just post this one and keep trying.  It's such a simple approach to a potentially complicated meal, that I just want to share with everyone!  You don't even have to cook the shells before you stuff!  Makes these puppies SO easy to make!  

Manicotti

Ingredients:

1 container cottage cheese
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 egg
parsley flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 package of manicotti shells

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400º

Combine cheeses, egg and parsley flakes.  Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon about half of the spaghetti sauce onto the bottom of a 9x13 pan and stuff the uncooked shells.  Lay the stuffed shells in the pan on top of the sauce. Mix about a 1/2 cup of water to the remaining sauce and pour the mixture over the top of the shells.  Cover the pan tightly with foil. 

Bake for 50-60 minutes. 

BOOM! Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment