Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Salsa



Salsa was one of the very first recipes I remember enjoying to make. 

I have been making my own salsa since I was a teenager.  

Recently, I found this recipe and my mouth started to water as I saw it.  

I made it immediately.  

It was incredibly similar to my version with a few added ingredients that really makes it amazing!  

With a few tweaks, it's now my go-to recipe.


Salsa



Ingredients

1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes with juice
2 cans (10 oz) Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies) I prefer to use one HOT and one ORIGINAL.
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1-2 whole jalapeno, quartered
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 whole lime juice (sometimes I cheat and use concentrated lime juice)


Combine everything into a bowl.  Use a hand mixer to blend until you get the consistancy you like.

Test seasonings with tortilla chip and adjust as needed.

Eat immediately, or serve after it's chilled.



Source: Restaurant Style Salsa from Pioneer Woman




1 comment:

  1. Yum. Your salsa is the best! I can't believe I get to finally have the secret recipe!

    ReplyDelete