Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I don't usually enjoy baking.  Cookies are the worst!  Everytime I make them, they turn out flat and crispy. When I stumbled across this recipe, and all the ingredients were in my pantry, I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I'm not sure why, but they turned out fat and soft and pretty tasty too!


Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingrediets:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350º

Sift flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.

In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Mix in egg and vanilla until completely incorporated.  Add flour mixture in 3 additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.  Mix in chocloate chips. 

On a baking stone, or a greased cookie sheet drop 1 Tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the baking stone about 2 inches apart.  

Bake 8-10 minutes.  Don't bake too long of your cookies will get crispy!

Let cool 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment