Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Salisbury Slop: aka Salisbury Steak




The first time I made this meal, my husband and I had only been married about 8 months.  Anxious to prove my domestic abilities I attempted to make Salisbury Steaks for dinner.  I made every effort to follow the recipe down to the very last detail, but managed to create mushy slop instead of nicely rounded steaks.  Understandably upset, I served my failed meal only to have total sucess read all over my sweet husband's face.  Despite its lousy apperance, the meal tasted delish!  So, it was lovingly renamed: Salisbury Slop.

Fast forward about 8 years and I decided to try again.  Same great taste and this time...no slop!







Salisbury Slop


Not the greatest picture of the final product.  I'll work on my photography skills. 


Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
1 lb of ground beef
1/3 cup of dry bread crumbs
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms

Mix 1/4 cup of soup, beef, bread crumbs, onion and egg THOUROUGHLY.  Shape firmly into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick. 

In skillet over medium high heat, heat oil.  Cook patties until browned.  Set patties aside.  Pour off fat. 

Add remaining soup and mushrooms.  Heat to a boil.  Return patties to pan.  Cover and cook over low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until patties are done (160 degrees)





No comments:

Post a Comment