Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Taco Salad




Taco Salad was an occasional dish at my house growing up.  I remember loving it, mostly because it had Doritos in it.  Now I still love it, but for more reasons than just the Doritos.  Nothing better than eating a taco out of a bowl!  So many different flavors in each bite. 

We always used to toss everything together in one large bowl.  But in my own family, I have a few picky eaters so the best thing is to keep all the ingredients seperate.  That way, each person can add what they like (and how much they like) to their bowl.  

Taco Salad



Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef (I prefer to use ground turkey)
1 head lettuce, chopped 
tomato, diced
green pepper, diced
shredded cheese
Doritos, crushed
1 can kidney beans, rinsed
1 bag frozen corn
taco sauce (my favorite is La Victoria, medium)
1 package taco seasoning

Cook meat and add the taco seasoning according to packaging. 

Add seasoned meat to a bowl of lettuce and garnish with your favorite toppings. 








No comments:

Post a Comment