Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

No Bake Nutella Cheesecake

I'm not too big on baking and creating sweet dishes.  Give me something with cheese and I won't be able to stop myself.  But, I know most people enjoy a sweet treat so when I invited my sister and her husband over for dinner last night, it was a perfect opportunity to experiment with the sweeter side of things.

Also I'd like to be clear:  There are few recipes that I have created on my own.  I wish!  Most posts here are simply my favorite recipes I have found.  What I do is edit and revise occasionally.

So...to give credit where's due:  You can find this original recipe (along with a MUCH better picture...you know, one that wasn't take after half the cheesecake was devoured by everyone at dinner) at one of the many food blogs I follow.

Mels Kitchen Cafe



No Bake Nutella Cheesecake



Ingredients:


Crust:


18 Oreo cookies, crushed
2 Tablespoons butter, melted


Cheesecake:
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3 Tablespoons powdered sugar


Garnish:
Extra sweetened whipped cream
Oreos, crushed or chocolate curls

Directions:
In a medium bowl, stir together the crushed Oreos and melted butter.  If you are serving in individual portions, divide the mixture evenly among each dish.  Otherwise, layer the crust along the bottom of your glass bowl. Be sure to press firmly to create a firm crust layer.

In a large bowl, with an electic mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and smooth.  Add the Nutella and mix until combined and smooth.  Add the vanilla and mix to combine.

In another bowl, whip the cream and powdered sugar together until medium to stiff peaks form.  Using a rubber spatula, fold in the cream into the Nutella mixture and mix well.

Spoon the filling into the individual dishes or spread evenly over your one layer of crust.

Cover and refigerate until it is time to serve.  It's recommended to chill for at least 2 hours.

Garnish with the whipped topping and crumbs or shaved chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment