Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

This turned out so yummy.  I love crock pot cooking.  I just wish my crock took longer to cook so I could use it during the week to cook dinner while I'm at work.  Usually, I reserve my crockpot meals for the weekends.  Now, I'm looking forward to a nice cool Saturday evening when I can try this again!

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken




Ingredients:
12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used bone-in thighs and pulled the meat off, I didn't realize that you could buy thighs without the bones!)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
6 Tablespoons cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
rice, cooked

Directions:

Place chicken in crockpot.  In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender. 

Remove chicken to platter and cover with foil.  Skim fat from liquid and pour the  remaining liquid into a saucepan and bring to a boil.  

Combine water and cornstarch until smooth.  Gradually stir into the liquid and stir until sauce is thickened. 

Serve over veggies, chicken and rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment