Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Following food blogs is a favorite past time/time waster for me.  Recently, my favorite one is Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  She's got some great meal ideas and 9 times out of 10, they are easy to make and taste as good as her pictures.  

When I saw this recipe for grilled pork tenderloin, I wanted to try it because her picture makes it looks so appetizing.  Also, I'd never cooked (or eaten) a pork tenderloin. 

At the store when I went to get the pork there is a selection of pre-marinated tenderloins you can buy.  They looked tempting, but I was eager to try out Mel's marinade.  It was worth the effort. And I think grilling gave it the nudge it needed to be a "repeatable" meal. 





Grilled Pork Tenderloin



Ingredients:

2-3 pounds pork tenderloin
3/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Worchestersire sauce
1 Tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)

Directions:

Combine all the ingredients except the pork and whisk together, until well combined.  Pour the marinade into a ziploc bag and add the pork tenderloin.  Make sure the marinade covers the pork completely and squeeze all the air out of the bag.  Marinade for 8-10 hours. 

Preheat an outdoor grill.  Grill the pork about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature is about 155º.  

Remove from grill and place on a plate, tenting with foil.  Allow to sit about 10 minutes before serving. 

*Tastes great over rice.  I used Basmati rice.  



No comments:

Post a Comment