Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pizza Pockets

I like to cook. Never will I claim to really know what I'm doing, but I find it relaxing and I love to eat so it's the perfect hobby for me. One thing I forget is that my kids aren't always as excited about trying new recipes as I am. So in tribute to my sweet boys this meal is for them.

Pizza Pockets







Ingredients:

1 roll refrigerated pizza dough
marinara or pizza sauce
3-4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
8-12 ounces mozzerella cheese, cubed
various pizza toppings of your choice: pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers. . .

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425ยบ.  Use a pizza stone if you have one, otherwise lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. 

Unroll the dough on to a lightly floured surface and press into a large rectangle (about 12"x8" Think that a sheet of paper is 8.5"x11").  Cut into 24 squares.  

Place cheese and other toppings into the center of each square.  Gather the sides of each square and pinch closed to create a ball.  Place each ball seam side down on the pizza stone. 

In a small bowl, mix melted butter, garlic powder and Italian seasonings together.  Brush the tops of the dough using a pastry brush.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. 

Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. 

Serve with warm pizza/marinara sauce for dipping. 



No comments:

Post a Comment