Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

BBQ Ribs

I never order ribs when I go out to eat.  I don't know why.  I LOVE RIBS.  Maybe it's because they are so messy and I don't need to be all "self-consious" about ribby sauce all over my face when I'm out in public.  

The first time I ate ribs was when my uncle made the most amazing dutch-oven ribs once at Girls Camp when I was a youth.  I clearly remember eating ribs for the first time and being surprised at how delicious they were.  I was actually amazed at the taste.  YUM.

These ribs are pretty tasty, but next time I'll get more.  The meat shrank during the cooking process so there wasn't much there to enjoy. 

BBQ Crockpot Ribs


Ingredients:

1 rack baby back pork ribs
2 cups water
bbq seasonings (you can purchase a bottle or just season with your favorites from your spice rack)
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
2/3 packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce


Directions:

Rub ribs with seasonings and place in your slow-cooker.  Cut to fit, if necessary.  Pour in water, cover and cook for 6-8 hours, until the ribs are cooked through and are starting to fall of the bone.  

In a medium bowl, combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.  

Heat grill to a medium-high heat and cook 2-3 sections of ribs at a time on the grill.  Coat with the sauce.  Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.  Allow the sauce to get cooked onto the meat. 

If you are using an outdoor grill, place the finished ribs on the upper rack to stay warm and get a smokey flavor.  If you are grilling indoors, cover with foil until ready to serve. 

Thank you Family Favorite Recipes Cookbook!



No comments:

Post a Comment