Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Chicken Pockets

I first made these after we had moved to a new city and I had just started working a new demanding job.  So, naturally I was searching for meals that would be easy, quick and tasty to feed the family after a long day at work.


Presto!





Chicken Pockets!


These little chicken pockets are a surprise burst of flavor when you bite into them.  I like to overfill the rolls so the filling is exploding out of the sides. 

Chicken Pockets



Ingredients: 

2 cans crescent rolls (not the flaky kind)
2 boneless chicken breasts
2 8 oz container Onion and Chive cream cheese, softened
1-2 cups chopped mushrooms
salt and pepper (for seasoning)



Preheat oven to 350º

Cook chicken, shred.

Heat a little olive oil in a pan and cook mushrooms until soft.

Mix all ingredients, except rolls, together in a bowl.  Flatten rolls and add a heaping spoonful of the filling in the center.  Wrap corners around the filling.

Bake about 15 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! I sure hope Ron will eat them, but if not, all the more for me!

    ReplyDelete