Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes and Ham



Originally, we ate this meal at a friends house.  I couldn't believe the tastiness!  It was so filling and full of creamy flavor.  After we left, I just couldn't stop thinking about how good it was.

About 3 months later I got this cookbook.

                                      Cover Image

Guess what I found inside?  Not only the same meal I had eaten at my friend's house, but lots of dog-ear-the-page worthy recipes! 

But out of them all, this is the one I go back to the most often. Such a good meal.


I did make one adjustment, though.  It calls for russet potatoes, but I prefer red potatoes. 





Scalloped Potatoes and Ham


Ingredients:

8-10 red potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
1 ham steak (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into cubes
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Grill seasoning to taste (we like Johnnys Seasoning Salt)

Layer potatoes and ham in slow cooker.

Combine soup, water, cheese and seasoning in a bowl.  Pour mixture over ham and potatoes.  Cover; cook on HIGH 3 1/2 hours or until potatoes are fork-tender.

Turn slow cooker to LOW and continue cooking 1 hour.






No comments:

Post a Comment